Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Hurricane Update - Wednesday, Sep 15th

Its official we’re evacuees. We got up at about 3:15AM this morning to and left for my parents at 4:15AM. We left Kiel’s car and my truck in my parent’s garage and hit the road. We left my parent’s house by 5:00AM. We encountered only a little traffic in Tallahassee on our way to Jacksonville. Other than that it was clear sailing, no problems or delays at all. We made it to Jacksonville in four hours. We got here at 9:00AM our time, 10:00AM local time. We really haven’t done to much, ate breakfast and hung out until our hotel room was ready. We did find the local mall and Kathy was true to form. She only got 50 feet inside of the first store we entered and bought a pair of shoes. Then the second store she went in to she bought a new swimsuit. That’s my girl. Reminds me of the saying, “When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.”

We’re keeping an eye on the storm and watching what it will do. Waiting and wondering what is going to happen is the worst part. We are going to try and keep busy so we don’t drive ourselves crazy by staying in front of the TV. The boys brought their X-Box and games to keep them busy. We are going to find a movie theater so we can go to the movies. We’re also are going back to the mall, Kathy didn’t quite get the chance to conquer it. St. Augustine is very close so I think we may take a ride down there tomorrow. So there is plenty to keep our minds occupied.

We just wanted everyone to know that we got of Panama City without any problems and are doing fine in Jacksonville. Say a prayer for all who have stayed behind to ride this storm out. It’s going to be a long night in the panhandle. We’ll keep posting and let everyone what are plans are and what we intend to do. Right now we’re just hanging out. That’s all for now….

5 Comments:

At Wed Sep 15, 04:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Aunt Marilynn:Good to know you are safe from the hurricane.Praying that all goes well for all of you.Quite an experience you are having. Shopping always helps. I'm with Kathy on that.
Keep us posted. Wed.Sept.15th.

 
At Wed Sep 15, 07:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sky is absolutely beautiful here right now it's bright yellow, i'll send you guys pictures

less than three
Liz

 
At Wed Sep 15, 07:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well. Trust me, I know ALL about trying to waste time in a hotel room!!! Glad to see the boys brought the X-box (priorities!!!!). Kathy bought shoes? You're kidding, right? I never would've thought... (Is the sarcasm coming through in my typing?). But seriously, we here in Iowa are all glad that you are safely away from Ivan's clutches and we are all hoping that your home makes it though. If it doesn't, I'll have to find somewhere else to visit! Now I just have to figure out if I can get to New Orleans for my gigs in Baton Rouge this weekend! I HATE HURRICANES! Take it easy and post often.

Love Always,
Uncle Keith (wandering minstrel, vagabond, panhandler, etc...)

PS: What's Liz's Xanga site? I was wanting to read it and post, but there's no address. How's the weather in LA Liz?

 
At Wed Sep 15, 07:48:00 PM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

Hi - I believe Liz(ards) Xanga is:
www.xanga.com/allneon_like

 
At Wed Sep 15, 09:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey once again, heres the link to my online photos, but you have to click in the password which is -(goodboy)

You will see some before pictures of the sky. If you want to see the pictures in a larger size just click on the picture.

less than three
Liz

http://photobucket.com/albums/v50/retrocircusgirl/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home