Thursday, September 02, 2004

Frances, Boop and The Hottie

It's been a short but interesting week, but for all intents and purposes the work week is over. Both Kathy and I have tomorrow (Friday) off and it is a holiday weekend. So that means four, count em', four days off. This is probably one of my favorite weekends of the year. We spend this weekend at Mexico Beach with Butch & Rose Mary (Ron's Parents). We each rent a room at the annex (not the highrise) at the El Governor Hotel. The rooms are beach front - you walk out the front door and there's the Gulf of Mexico. The rooms come with fully equipped kitchens, so we prepare our own meals. We'll go out Friday morning and come back Monday afternoon. This is basically our kick-back, do-nothing, eat-a-bunch and relax weekend. We'll go to the beach, eat, swim at the pool, eat, take a nap, eat - then have breakfast. We've been going for about 5 or 6 years now and look forward to going every year. It's a lot of fun.

I have the feeling that this won't be our normal Mexico Beach weekend. There is a major Hurricane (Frances) in the Atlantic that is going to hit the Florida Peninsula and may cross into the Gulf of Mexico. We are unsure how it is going to effect us and our weekend. We're just going to have to keep an eye on it and act accordingly. Warren (Boop), Kathy's dad called us last night and let us know that they will be coming up to our house sometime today. They don't feel like enduring another Hurricane and frankly I don't blame them. The storm is supposed to pass close by his house. They are going to stay at our house while we're at the beach. They'll come and hang out with us at Mexico Beach during the day. Kiel's girlfriend Liz (The Hottie) will be coming in from Louisiana today and will be joining us for the weekend. I'm thinking I'm going to need buckets of cold water and a crow bar to keep them off of each other. It's going to be a long night - Katlin has an 8:00PM soccer game, we'll need to get everyone settled and fed and we haven't even begun to pack or buy supplies for the beach. So it's gonna be fun. Please keep us in your prayers for the impending hurricane that is about to hit, also pray that Hurricane Frances stays away.

Given the additional elements of Frances, Boop and The Hottie we are bound to have an interesting Labor Day Weekend. We'll be back on Monday night, I'm sure I'll post then. I have an idea that something interesting might happen. Hope everyone has a safe and fun Labor Day. Later.

2 Comments:

At Thu Sep 02, 02:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... thanks alot dad... way to go with the whole crow bar and buckets of water thing.. take u all day to come up with that one eh? lol jk.. no u won't need a crowbar or water.. I don't wanna lose $500... (me and Grandpa butch have a bet.. wait till i'm maried or 23 before I "light the firecracker" and I win $1000, lose it.. and I owe him $500..)... SOO... I don't think your gonna have to worry.. I don't have $500 to spend right now... (darn insurance, phone bills, and other expenses).. I am excited about going to the beach.. Especially Saturday night when I run the midnight chase.. this is my 5th year in a row competeing in it...Not prepared for it at all .. non the less I will run it.. it's tradition.... A quick update for all of you (cuz I'm to lazy to make another post) school is going great I LOVE having tues. and thur. off to do my own thing.. sleep till 11 ... eat lunch... chill.. then go to work if i have to... I gotta a fairly balanced load of classes... Government, Religion, Art History, and Computer Imaging... Works going good too.. Shipwreck is about to close so I will be working at Fridays's during the week and Refereeing (sp?) during the weekend trying to make some extra $$$.. other than that... not much is going on.. well I will post later... have fun !!!!

Kiel

 
At Thu Sep 02, 03:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey !!! The Special K's and the Italian Sausages are sure good. Yuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm !! See you at Mexico Beach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home