Thursday, January 20, 2005

Loooong Weekend

We got home last night from our trip to Merritt Island around 6:30PM. Let me back up in case you didn't know or forgot. Monday was a holiday (MLK) so I was off, in addition both Kathy and I took Tuesday and Wednesday off. So that gave us a rare five (5) day weekend!! It was great. We had a "normal" weekend on Saturday and Sunday. Then Sunday evening around 7:00PM we left for Merritt Island, Florida - Which is near Coca Beach (Kennedy Space Center). We went to a conference with our friends from our church. The conference ran from about 1:00PM Monday until noon on Wednesday. After the conference ended yesterday, we drove home. While we were gone, Katlin stayed with my parents and Kiel kind of split his time between our house and my parents (Thanks again for keeping an eye on them Mom).

I have got to tell you that the conference was outstanding. We have only been going to our new church for about a year and half. This was an excellent opportunity for us to see what the Calvary Chapel movement was all about. I must say that the teaching and worship at our church and the conference are probably the most relevant that I have experienced. The style in which The Word is taught is non-threatening and meaningful. There was one partlicular speaker at the conference who did the morning devotionals that really, really spoke to me. I'll talk more about what he said in another post but suffice it to say it's all I have been thinking about it since I heard it. It was awesome.

Besides the conference itself we enjoyed hanging out our friends, Rob and Robbie. It was the first time we had spent any real amount of time with them. I'm sure they are "Cravatta'd Out" and are probably in some type of 12 step program recovering from the time they spent with us. But we really enjoyed hanging out with them and getting to know them. We really enjoyed going to dinner with them (or eating lunch in their van) and picking their brain about the Lord and Calvary Chapel. They really love the Lord and are very knowlegable about His church and ministry. Plus they are alot of fun to hang out with, not the stuffy church type. I haven't laughed that hard in years as I did at dinner on Monday night. All in all, it was a great break with a great purpose and with great people. I hope that we have the opportunity to go again next year cause it is worth it.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the New Year. I have several things that I want to post in the near future. I've had a few thoughts on my mind and since the conference I have a few more. So I'm going to try to be better about posting to my blog. I'm even considering giving this blog a face list and spicing it up a bit. We'll see - all depends how ambitous I'm feeling. Right now I'm not ambitous, I'm tried. The Tylonel PM is starting to kick in and I'm beginning to fade. That's enough for now, my bed is calling my name.

6 Comments:

At Fri Jan 21, 08:22:00 AM, Blogger rob said...

We had a great time too! The conference was cool...but hanging with you two was the best part of it. I have to agree...that I haven't laughed that hard or that long in a long time.

We gotta' do this again sometime!

Rob

 
At Fri Jan 21, 05:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, anybody up for a cruise? Our friends that we always go with are taking their kids on one this spring. And we still want to go on one. How soon could you afford one? We could go out of New Orleans and that would be pretty cheap for you. Let us know. Auntie Gail

 
At Sat Jan 22, 09:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good experience at the conference. However.....what is a face list and why are you tried, Ron? Sorry, just can't help editing. Easy for me as I'm not writing the blog. You are, and I'm so glad you do. Keep on keeping us informed!! XOXO GLDD

 
At Sat Jan 22, 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

GLDD - Ahhh good catch on the editing. Should have been a "face lift" and as you could tell I was "tired" and maybe a bit "tried". I knew I should have wrote it and Word and then used grammar check instead of creating my post in the blog word processor. Sorry about that. Thanks for keeping me straight.

 
At Tue Jan 25, 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Hey, I knew you were tired....I was just funnin with ya! I can just hear Kathy saying, "That's my mom. She edits everything...even her crossword puzzle books!" In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter a bit, does it? Who is the author that writes without hardly any punctuation (Ernest Hemingway)? Love his books but it drives me nuts trying to read them. Help me....how can I stop this compulsive behavior??? (: GLDD

 
At Tue Jan 25, 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

GLDD - Maybe a visit to Florida will help put you right?

Ron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home