Thursday, July 29, 2004

Happenings...

Greeting from Sarasota!  I just wanted to update you on a few summer happenings and what’s in store.   Let me start with Kiel.  Kiel got of school in May, turned 19 in June.  He finished his first year at Gulf Coast Community College where he is a pre-art major.  He’ll start back in late August and is on track to graduate with his Associates Degree in May 2005.  He did real well balancing school, work, church and “other activities” i.e. girls and poker (are those activities or vices?).  He kept his grades up and made the honors list, but more importantly to mom and dad, he keeps his scholarship.  After he finishes at Gulf Coast he’ll transfer to somewhere in Central/Southern Florida, possibly the University of Central Florida in Orlando.  He wants to major in Computer Animation/Video Game Design.  He works as a waiter at TGI Fridays and a lifeguard at Shipwreck Island Water Park during the summer.  Busy guy, we don’t get to see him as much as we like.

Katlin turned 15 in May and got his learner’s driving permit.  He finished his freshman year at Mosley High School.  Kat did very well in school as well.  I’m not sure where they get it – I know he didn’t get it from the Cravatta side but please don’t say the Jungjohanns or the Schlotfeldts – I’ll puke.  Kat stays busy playing soccer and golf.  He enjoys golf quite a bit and can play quite well.  He would actually like to go to college for something golf related, like golf course design.  He’s enjoying his last “summer of freedom”, next summer he’ll start working.  Katlin returns to school on August 5th. (Early huh?)  Once he starts, all the school related activities will once again begin – so we’re expecting another busy school year.  Katlin is a twisted little man; he has the most demented sense of humor in the family.

Kathy works doing hair at Salon 180.  She rents a booth and has been at this location for about 2 years.  She really likes the shop and the other girls who rent booths.  Her customers keep her very busy and she always seems to be in demand.  The property where the salon is currently located was recently sold to the Marriott Hotel chain.  So in about 6-8 weeks they will be physically moving the salon (building) about ½ mile down the road to a new location.  When they do Kathy and the other girls are going to temporialy (2 weeks) work out of the owners shop in her home – should be interesting.  Kathy also takes care of her boys – which is a full time job in itself.   She does an excellent job of ensuring that our chaotic lives are managed and everything that needs to be done – gets done.

I (Ron) still work for Yamaha Motor Corp and have for the last seven years.  I am a Computer Systems Analyst aka Computer Guy.  I do hardware, networks, software support but my primary function is to support the manufacturing software package Yamaha uses at its three boat companies and golf car locations.  I feel incredibly blessed in my job – I really enjoy the company I work for and what I do.  I usually coach soccer for one of if not both the boys and have for the last 15 years.  I am going to throttle back a bit and just be an assistant coach this fall.  I have a fair amount of work related travel this summer/ fall and I would also like to start devoting more time to other interests that I have. 

As you can see we have alot happening and we’ve experienced a lot of changes over the past year.  However, the biggest change we experienced as a family is that we changed churches.  For some of you that may not seem like a big deal.  For us it was a major change – it was difficult and painful.  We had attended the same church for 14 years and realized that it was no longer where the Lord wanted us.  I’ll devout more time to this and related subjects later, perhaps even several posts – I have a lot to say about what lead us to leave, the Lord, faith, etc.  At this time I’ll simply say I’m that I’m very happy that God lead us to where He did (Eastgate) – probably one of the best things that has ever happened to us.  It has been incredible experience – tough on many levels but definitely worth it.  There is no doubt in my mind that God’s hand was all over this move.  Like I said, we’ll talk more later.

Ron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home