Monday, August 16, 2004

Stuff...

Just a quick post: Kathy's father (Warren) and his girlfriend Jean are going to come up from Sebring and spend some time with us. They will be here either late tonight or tomorrow morning. They felt the effects of Hurrican Charley pretty good. Although they only sustained minimal damage to their homes, they are still without electricity, water, ice etc. and may be for some time yet. It is very hot where they live and to be without comforts that we sometimes take for granted, it can be very uncomfortable.

The boys are busy with school - Kat had both golf and soccer after school today. Plus he still has homework, so he'll be pretty whipped come days end. Kiel signs up for school at Gulf Coast tomorrow and starts classes on Wednesday. He wanted me to tell everyone that his blog is now back up and running! He gave it a facelift. He also wanted to say that on his blog that if you wish to leave a comment you must a memeber of "Xanga". That is not the case with our blog, you do not have to be a member to leave us a comment (hint hint).

I (Ron) leave tomorrow(Tuesday) for Missiouri for the remainder of the week. I'll get back Friday afternoon. I believe that after this trip my traveling for work may be done for awhile. Kathy worked most of the day without air conditioning in her shop - it was pretty hot and wore her out. I'll try to post something other than boring and mudane while I'm gone. Later....

4 Comments:

At Tue Aug 17, 07:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured you'd be having guests soon. It's great that they have someplace to go instead of a shelter or motel. I'm sure they really appreciate it.

Message for Kiel: Hey, boy!! I don't want to sign up for Xanga. Why don't you have your blog like your dad's or your brother's? I can comment easily there and so could others. Maybe the reason you didn't get comments was it was too difficult (especially for computer illiterates like me!). Just a thought!! GLDD

 
At Tue Aug 17, 12:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yard Fairy's were in and did your yard this morning. Looks real nice.Visited with Warren and Jean for awhile. Glad they had a place to come to. Kiel stopped by for a few minutes. He is dealing with his College things today as he starts back tomorrow. Warren and I threw Casey a few balls to chase but it is just too darn hot for her to chase after them.
Guess Ronnie is on his way to Missouri today.
Catch you guys later.

Love Mom

 
At Thu Aug 19, 11:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would be nice to have Uncle Wayne and Rose up there also.

Kind of like "Family Reunion" southern style!
Sure wish I was there, oh wait, no I don't!!! It is soooooooo nice and cool here, about 55 at night.
Ahhhhhhhhh....the northern life!
Hugs,
C.A.J.

 
At Fri Aug 20, 05:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh to many short names...
I got the GLDD... but who is CAJ ?.... sorry for the confusion u gotta remember i'm only 19....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home