Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Goings On

I haven't posted in a week, not because I haven't wanted to. I have a post that I have been working on but I'm having a difficult time getting it posted. I won't bore you with the details why, hopefully I'll get it worked out tomorrow. We've got a lot going on it seems. Well let me see what kind of stuff I can bore you with. We finally heard from UCF admissions and Kiel got accepted to UCF. It took 3 months to get a decision on his admission, instead of the 3 weeks we were initially told. Anyhow he is very happy. Now all the real work begins. We are now working on going to orientation on 20 May at UCF. But in order to go to orientation we have a ton of stuff to do. So alot is happening with Kiel's move to Orlando. In addition, we found out that there was about $6,500 worth of damage to his car. It was about $2,500 from being totaled. His car is now at the shop, the replacement parts have been ordered and the repairs should begin soon. It will probably be about another 2 weeks before his car is fixed and we get it back. Glad we have rental car and I'm glad I'm not paying for it. So with school winding down, his car getting fixed, his upcoming trip to the Czech Republic, preparing to move to Orlando and start school at UCF - Kiel's plate is full. He's also working two jobs on top of all this stuff. The next three months are going to be busy helping him transition out of here.

School is winding down for both the boys. Both have big projects they are finishing up and finals/AP exams to study for. I am impressed with how much effort both boys are putting into school. They both are really trying to finish strong. Kiel graduate from Gulf Coast Community College in a couple of weeks, he'll get his A.A. in Pre-Art. However, he has decided to skip the graduation ceremony and not walk. His ceremony will be when he gets his diploma at the mail box. Kiel really doesn't seem to think it's a big deal and said he'll wait to he walks from UCF to walk. Katlin will turn 16 in less than a month and get his licence. He's starting to get excited about that. For the second year in high school Katlin kept his GPA above a 4.00 for the entire year and got some huge award medal at school. Katlin is incredibly hard worker when it comes to his studies, I'm glad to see he was recoginized for it.

Kathy and I went to an awesome concert in Tallahassee last week. Saw a guy by the name of Chris Tomlin. The guy is an incredible talent, particularly when it comes to song writing. He has written many of the new worship songs you now find many churches singing. I really enjoyed listening to him, it was worth the drive. Kathy is thinking about having a garage sale this weekend - I hope it rains. I love the idea of clearing out the garage so we can finally park the van in their but the work of a garage sale really scares me. Not much else to speak of for now. Hope everyone is well. Time for some pain reliever(beer), I've had a killer head ache all day. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home