Saturday, April 09, 2005

Dorifice

Last night Kathy and I were laying in bed watching TV and one of the late night talk shows was on. Some celebrity (not sure who) was on and Kathy said "I don't care for him." I asked her why and she said "Because he's a dorifice". I sat up in bed and said "He's a What?"

"He's a dorifice!" she proclaimed. "What in the world is that? " I asked. "You know...a dorifice." I went to explain to her that there was no such word. After going back and forth a few times she finally said "Well it may not be a real word - but it's my word.". I finally realized that she combined the word "dork" and the word "orifice" to make her own new word - dorifice. Given the meaning of the two words she combined and her strong dislike for the guy on TV, I have a pretty good idea what she was calling the guy. I'm just glad it wasn't me she was talking about. I'm sure she'll use it on me soon enough. I can her now "My husband is such a flaming dorifice!" Don't think I care for the sounds of that.

1 Comments:

At Sun Apr 10, 11:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I use that word when we play Scrabble? It may not be in the dictionary, but, now that you've put it out on the www, it should show up in the next new Websters. I like it (my little girl is so clever). Much better than A**H***! GLDD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home