Saturday, November 13, 2004

Grrrrr

What ever happened to Customer Service? I can’t believe that I pay people for a service they treat me like crap. I’m not talking about being pampered or asking for the moon but simply getting what I paid for, that’s all I want. We bought a new bed for Katlin’s bedroom. When we bought the bed we also paid to have it delivered and setup. We were told that the bed would be in, delivered and setup last Wednesday. That was 10 days ago. To “make things better” the lady at the store has offered to refund my delivery and setup fee by dropping off the bed herself after work but I’ll need to set it up. If this is what I wanted I would have picked the bed up with my truck and set it up myself. But that’s not what I asked for. If having me set it myself is making it better then I missed something. Anyhow, the bring the bed and drop it off. It's a day bed and the bring the sides but no back. Then they also gave us bed post to some other type of bed that had nothing to do with ours. Does anyone check these things? So we had them take it back and give us our money back. Grrrrr.

We ordered Direct TV and asked if they had local channels. We were assured that they did. Well guess what? They don’t. The installer came out installed the system and was showing me how to use it. When I asked him show me my local channels he looked at me like I had three eyes. Hole have been drilled, satellite is installed, cables ran – kind of after the fact isn’t it? So I decided to get the most basic cable service I could just to get our local channels. So I called the Cable Company and setup a date and time for the install. The install was setup for Wednesday (Kathy’s day off) between 1 and 5. Well guess what? The installer never shows up. Kathy waste her afternoon off waiting for this yahoo to show but he never does. About 10 minutes after Five he calls and speaks with Kiel. Tells him he can’t make it and that he’ll be there tomorrow between 11 and 12 (nice of him to ask). We jockey our schedules and make sure someone is there to meet him. He decides to show up at 9:00AM (two hours earlier than he said). Then he proceeds to tell us he can’t install the cable because there is no cable service on my block! He says they’ll need to run it to our street then come out again and try to install it. Excuse me, but don’t you think someone would have known cable service didn’t run to our area when they scheduled this? I’ve called and spoke to customer service reps and managers and I still don’t have a clue as to what the deal is or when it will be installed. Grrrrr again.

All I want is what honest answers, what we agreed on and what I paid for. If my bed isn’t going to be in for six weeks, tell me up front. I may not like that and I may even go somewhere else but at least we won’t begin the relationship off on the wrong foot. If you don’t offer local channels be honest with me and let me know. Again, if I would have known that up front I probably wouldn’t have gotten the service. If you are going to make an appointment, keep it. At least have the courtesy to call and cancel so we don't waste our day off waiting for you. Don’t jerk me around, simply tell me the truth. “Mr. Cravatta we currently don’t offer service in your area and it will take approximately a month to put it in.” Again, I may not like it but at least I won’t be angry with you for misleading me. What is the problem?

New Beds, local channels and cable TV are not the issue here. We can live without them. It’s not about “stuff”, it’s about people and how we treat each other. My point is this: Treat me the way you want to be treated. Don’t lie. Don’t mislead. Keep your promises. Be on time. Keep your appointments. It’s the Golden Rule: Do unto others….Remember? Didn’t we learn this in elementary school already? The good book says “Let your yes be yes and your no be no.” Stand by your word. Do what you say. Geez…all I want is what I paid for, a little honesty and of course my local channels......Grrrrrr

2 Comments:

At Sun Nov 14, 08:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! Been there, done that. Now, if at all possible, I only deal with smaller, local retailers. Not always less expensive...but they want your business. Almost bought my dishwasher at American, but no one had a clue as to what the good or bad aspects of any of the many, many, many models offered were (I was on my own) and "delivery" would be in three weeks or so. Setup would be by an independent contractor (so no going back to the seller if any problems) who would come "sometime" during the day of delivery. Deal breaker there. Went to Jack's Maytag. Owner knew every model I'd been looking at and told me all about them. Then asked me what I was looking for in a dishwasher and found exactly what I was looking for. He would deliver and install it in three days at 5:00 p.m. Deal maker!!! (And it was $80.00 less than buying it at American.) He came through as promised. I LOVE the dishwasher! The Chain, Discount, Super stores just don't care if you're happy. Customer Service is an oxymoron with them. GRRRRR!!!

Ellen Degeneres was talking about all the problems you've been having on her show a couple of weeks ago. Her solution was to tell them, "Okay, if you can't give me a definite delivery time, I can't give you a definite payment time." Too bad that can't work. Seems fair to me.

GLDD

 
At Mon Nov 15, 07:14:00 PM, Blogger Ry said...

My roommates and I went thru something like this a couple years ago when our DSL was "accidentally" disconnected by the phone company. They were only supposed to get rid of our long distance service, and wooops, someone turned of the DSL.

It was days of back and forth calls with customer "service" where each department we spoke with basically blamed another. They said there was no way to reverse it, and it had to be treated like a brand new hookup, which would take a week or two. Being that everything was wired, I don't know how they couldn't have just turned it on again within a day or so.

Several yelling matches later, (my roommate, not me - I'm a wuss about this stuff) we cancelled with them and went with online service through our cable company instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home