Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Let The Move Begin

We closed on our house! That’s the good the news. We have to move twelve years of stuff into it. That’s the bad news. We got home around 5:15PM last night after the close. I noticed my dad’s truck and trailer parked in my yard. Big mistake on his part. I seized the opportunity and we loaded it up with boxes from the kitchen. We drove his truck and trailer, my truck and Kathy’s van (all loaded to the max) out to the new house. We unloaded the vehicles, went and ate dinner and came back and got to work. Dad and I started to hang blinds. We didn’t get them finished but plan on doing that tonight. What we got done looks great.

I went to the house at lunch today so our new fridge could be delivered. It’s HUGE! Just what I need, something that holds more food. The painter stopped by to patch a small hole and touch up a few spots that we’re bugging the heck out of me. We’re going to move the computer, surround sound, DVD, X-boxes etc. over tonight. The movers come tomorrow and pick up and deliver our stuff. It’s all pretty much ready to go. We’ll move our clothes ourselves. I believe everybody and his brother will be delivering or connecting stuff on Thursday. Beds, phones and electrical work will be the order of the day, along with unpacking. Direct TV gets connected on Friday can you say “NFL Sunday Ticket”? Oh Yeah. Not sure when we’ll be connected to the internet but I’ll let you know.

It’s just a lot of work for awhile yet. Don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel. Mom and Dad have to go through this too. So we’ll need to get them up and running too. Not complaining, if I am slap me. There is just so much to do and just want to get it done. Feel incredibly fortunate and blessed – more than I could ever ask for or deserve. If I got what deserved, I’d be in serious trouble. Oh yeah, don’t forget to vote….Later

3 Comments:

At Tue Nov 02, 08:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that song "Movin on Down The Road"?? Fun, isn't it? Glad Kathy's got a bigger fridge now.....bet it'll still be filled to overflowing within a week or so. (-: Voted...AND was a Poll Watcher for 3 hours....verrryyyy interesting!!! GLDD

 
At Wed Nov 03, 12:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you guys, well i'm glad everyone is doing ok. But that is great that you got a bigger fridge, because that means more food to hold in it for when i come to visit! haha.

Everything will turn out great.
Miss you guys and goodluck.

lot's of love *Liz*

 
At Fri Nov 05, 10:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home. I'm sure you will love it once you are settled in.Send us your new address and phone number.Who knows maybe we will be able to visit you sometime.Aunt Marilynn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home