Saturday, February 18, 2006

Charlie


Funny how things work out sometime isn't it? Today was one of those days where things took a very unexpected turn. We met my parent for breakfast like we have for about the past month. However, earlier in the week I called my parents and told them that after breakfast we need to go to Veron. I told them that there was a lady who is selling Maltese puppies that we wanted to look at. Let me step back for a minute. For the past few months we have been looking for a Maltese puppy (female). Well over the past few weeks we have been looking quite seriously. Anyhow we found a breeder of Maltese nearby in Vernon and decided to look at them. My parents went along mainly for something to do.

We get to the kennel and check out the puppies. The Maltese that we are interested in is only 5 days old. Looks like a small rat. However, besides breeding Maltese this Kennel had a breed of dog know as a Bischon Frise. To me it looks very similar to a Maltese. The breeder had two of these puppies, a female and a male who were nine weeks old. I was fairly interested in these puppies cause I had heard a little bit about them. The breeder asked if we wanted to hold one of the puppies. Which surprisingly my mother did. Anyhow, to make a long story short and after a bit of faux complaining by my dad, my parents ended up buying the male Bischon Frise. That's him in the pictures above, his name is Charlie. We spent the whole day with mom and dad buying things for him. We had a lot of fun playing with Charlie. He's a cutie.

And by the way. We bought the female Maltese. We get to pick her up in about 7 weeks. Her name is 'Fancy'. Funny how things work out.

7 Comments:

At Sat Feb 18, 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

So today was AWSOME!!! Even though I was going to look for my Maltese things have a funny way of changing as Ron said. He left out that the Kennel was called Rose's and we didn't even know that tell we got there, which was crazy as when we were sitting having coffee at our house this morning I had told Rose Mary that I was going to name our puppy Fancy not only Fancy but Lil Miss Fancy, but not only that but also Lil Miss Fancy Rose after her grandmother and since I didn't have any girls to name after her, and if anyone wants to know why I am calling her Fancy is because when we brought K.C. home Kat was about 4 and he comes running out side and says can we call her Fancy, so that is why her name is Fancy. Kat also got to name Charlie as if we would have gotten a male that is what he wanted to name him, but I really have my heart set on a girl. Which we will be getting in about 7 weeks and they are already calling her Fancy. She came from a litter or 3 shes the only girl and this is mommas first litter and she is a doll well not really right now she looks like a rat, we will show pictures as soon as we take some our camera wouldn't work today when we were up there to see her but we will go up in a couple of weeks, we have visitation rights hehe... Anyway Charlie is so handsome and they will grow up and be the best of friends,Sorry for the rambling What a FUN day...Our hearts are full of puppy love!!!!!!

 
At Sat Feb 18, 11:01:00 PM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

I knew that Charlie would be in bed with Grandpa tonight he is such a softy!!! I am glad he pottied for you. We miss Charlie already I might have to sedate Ron as he is having withdrawl...We will see you sometime tommorow for sure. Kiss Charlie for us Love Aunt Kathy

 
At Sun Feb 19, 02:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...ok so i leave home... don't i get a pet named after me? I guess i'm chopped liver....

 
At Mon Feb 20, 09:20:00 AM, Blogger Keith said...

I'm so glad that you all have two dogs to keep you company now! I'm also VERY glad that you're not making them be "outside" dogs. I assure you that everyone's stress levels will drop dramatically (after house training is complete...) within a few days of having your dogs. Bischons are COOL little dogs. The manager for Lonesome Road had 3 of them. Can't wait to meet the new family members!

Much love from the "615"...

 
At Mon Feb 20, 01:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith.. did you go black on us bro? "from the 615" thats only stuff you can say if your from one of the following:

Detroiot
Miami
New York
Chicago
Boston
....but the middle of Tennessee? (sp?) come one bro!... lol jk.. I cant wait to see the new additions to the famil either!

 
At Wed Feb 22, 01:14:00 PM, Blogger Will said...

I want a new puppy!

At least you found a name quicker for Fancy than you did for the fish!

 
At Mon May 22, 05:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home