Sunday, January 22, 2006

the more i know, the less i understand

It's always humbling to realize that you don't know as much as think you do. That's kind of how I feel tonight. I was reminded that my past experiences are not always the best way to evaluate a situation. It's embarrassing to admit to your self that you can be closed minded, even though you have promised and swore to yourself that you never would be. It's always important to listen to all thoughts and ideas first - then talk, especially when you think you've got it all figured out. I should know by now that the times when I think I have it figured out are actually the times where I'm most likely to end up way off base. I am grateful for subtle reminders and for people who have forgotten more than I'll ever know. I'm also glad that I was reminded that I can learn from anyone - regardless of my preconceived thoughts of them. Experiences are great and knowledge is cool but wisdom is what I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home