Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mothers Day

Hope all you 'mothers' had a great day today....wait that doesn't right. I think what I meant to say was 'Happy Mother's Day' to all you mom's. We had a great Mother's Day today, acutally the whole weekend was great. Today we went to church and then out to eat afterwards. Then this afternoon Kathy went to the Spring Arts Festival with her friend, while the boys went golfing. With everyone gone, I was free to take a nap! Everyone finished up early (including the nap) and we went to an early movie. We went and saw 'Crash' - I'm not a movie critic and normally don't give my opinion about movies but this movie is outstanding. I believe it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. This is not a feel good movie by any means but you will leave the theater thinking. I think Kiel described this movie best when he called it 'raw'. The acting in this movie is solid all the way through and the story is extremely well done. I don't want to give too much away but I recommend seeing it. We'll buy this one when it comes out on DVD - something I don't do very much but this one warrants it. If you see it let me know what you think.

We took my mom out for Mother's Day last night and then went back to parents and watched boxing on Showtime. My dad, Katlin and I believe we may have watched the best boxing match any of us had ever seen. The ending to this match was simply incredible. My mom made us all desert with the intent of giving us stomach aches. Particularly with Katlin, she made him the biggest milk shake I've ever seen. To his credit he drank it all but paid for it the rest of the night. It was quite funny to see him rolling around on the couch and floor trying to get comfortable after downing that thing. Not much else new. Kiel is done with school. Kat finishes school in a couple weeks. Then on to a busy summer for all of us. That's about all for now - I'll ramble on again later. Hope all are well and you enjoyed the day with the mom in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home