Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Ready For Christmas...

All the presents have been bought and wrapped. The tree and house have been decorated. We've attended all the holiday parties. We've finished baking all the cookies and rum cakes. Everything is pretty much ready for Christmas. Now that all the essentials are taken care of (except for writing the holiday letter) we can start to enjoy the holidays. It sure seems like alot of work goes into enjoying the holidays. As Kathy's brother David likes to say "It's too much work to have fun." Sometimes I think he's right. I'm not trying to be a Scrooge but the holidays can be a lot of work for everyone. Shopping and Buying and Wrapping and Shopping and Decorating and Baking and Shopping and Parties and you get the point. I can handle most of it but the shopping, I do not like to shop unless it's on the Internet then it's fun. I just don't think it is intended to be this stressful.

Kat and I went shopping today, while Kathy and Kiel worked. We didn't do too well. We bought more for ourselves than Christmas presents for others. I think we missed the point. Actually we did buy a couple of things for others but it was tough. Like I said, I'm not a shopper, I'm a hunter. I know what I want and then I "hunt" for it - none of this looking around crap, that's for girls. But the hunting becomes tough when you don't know what you're hunting for like today. Then it became shopping, which sucked. Some how we survived, I think mainly because when we couldn't figure out what to do we went and ate. Anyhow it's over except for stocking stuffers which can't be that bad can it?

Tomorrow (Wed, Dec 22nd) Kiel, Katlin and myself are taking a road trip to Mobile, AL. Mobile is about 3 hours away. We are going to go to the GMAC Bowl Football Game. Don't ask me who is playing but we are going just to go. We will leave after Kat's ortho appt. and we'll get home real late. The game will be on ESPN at 7:00PM so if you turn the channels and see it on that's where we'll be. On Friday, Christmas Eve we are going to go about an hour west of here to Destin and hang out and go to the movies. Then head to my parents(our old house) that evening for homemade spagehetti and meatballs. Sound be fun. Then on Christmas Day my parents will come over and we'll open presents and have the traditional Christmas dinner of steaks. And that will pretty much be it. Pretty low key but that's fine with me.

If you're traveling be safe, it's going to be crazy on the roads and in the air. I'll post more before this weekend but if I don't talk to you before then - Have a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy!

4 Comments:

At Tue Dec 21, 05:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care in hopes that St. Nickolas soon would be there. Stocking stuffer buying sucks. Sometimes it's as hard as decideing what present to get someone. This year has really been a hard year to buy for especially the adults since we all moved and have been buying as we go. But in spite of the stocking stuffer and present buying we will all have a very happy and Merry Christmas. Better get started on my steak now Ron so it will be done in time for Christmas dinner.
MOM

 
At Tue Dec 21, 10:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad it's not prime Iowa beef.........should be about 4 above 0 Christmas Eve, we'll leave the light on for you. Don't wake us up when you arrive.

Cousin Aunt Julie, who sent you a card anyway even though you blew off my request for your addy and Bill called GLDD and got it......................Love ya!

 
At Wed Dec 22, 07:06:00 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Not so much a comment on things as just something I thought y'all would like: (courtesy of Dave Barry)... Maybe those of us who grew up in the Christian tradition could offer our Jewish brethren and sistren, as a gift, some of our traditional holiday songs. For example, we could offer "Frosty the Snowman," which, as far as I can tell, has nothing to do with Christmas anyway. Unless there's a New Testament chapter that I overlooked: "And lo, the three wise men DID maketh a man from snow, and one of them DID findeth an old silk hat, and he saideth, 'Hey! I gotteth an idea!' And..."

(Oh, I'll be posting a special Christmas poem on my blog tomorrow that I think everyone will like... please come and check it out viewfromthestage.blogspot.com)

 
At Thu Dec 23, 01:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron, Ron, Ron.....your mom is right. Nothing is more important or harder to do than helping Santa find just the right stocking stuffers!! You've still got a lot of work to do, bud! Santa's getting old, you know, and he needs a lot of help. So, no more filling up on food; you have to concentrate on helping Santa fill the stockings! (: LOL GLDD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home