Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Latest

This past Saturday was a big day, it was Kathy's Birthday. I won't divulge how old she is this time 41 but suffice it to say it doesn't end in a zero or a five. I took her to the Waffle Shop for her birthday! Nothing's too good for my girl (and nothing's what's she got). Actually some friends who are a part of our church have a Waffle Shop on the beach that got trashed by a tornado when the last hurricane came through. They reopened it this past Saturday which was also Kathy's birthday. There were quite a few folks from church there to help celebrate the reopening of their restaurant. It was actually quite cool, the food was good too. Kathy then hung out with her friend Daisy and got a pedicure and a manicure aka 'peddies n' mannies', while I worked on the yard. We then took her to dinner at Captain Anderson's which was great. We had Scamp (grouper family) and it was incredibly awesome. I know this place is a tourist trap and it's over priced but the food is awesome. Tonight I am taking Kathy to see "Grease" at a local theater for her birthday. I hope my man-card doesn't get revoked for taking her to see this. If you're questioning my masculinity on this one just know I'm simply doing this because it will make her very happy. Please know that I do not plan on enjoying this play. It could be worse, she could make sit around and make me watch her favorite movie - "West Side Story". No sane person would ever do that to someone they loved.

Sunday afternoon our friends Kery and Brenda arrived from Illinois. They spent a couple of days with us before they headed down to Orlando to visit Brenda's mother. We've had a blast while they were here. I've known both Kery and Brenda since we were kids. Kery's family is my second family and I actually lived with them my junior year of high school. Kery was a groomsman in our wedding and his brother Kevin was my best man. These guys have been my closest friends since I can remember. So it's very cool to be able to spend time with them. Monday we went Pineapple Willie's for lunch and then to Seaside. Kery brought a case of the world's best pizza's with him. He brought 15 frozen sausage & mushroom pizza's from Manny's Pizza in our home town with him. We made a few of them last night! They rock! I called my mom and dad at about 7:30 Monday night and told them to come over to my house. When they asked why, I didn't give them a reason, I just told them to come over. My parent's love Manny's Pizza just as much as I do, so they were surprised when they came over and we pigged out on Manny's. Usually I only get them when I go home to visit so this is a major treat. I tell you, it's the simple things that makes life fun sometimes.

Will post more later! Thanks for stopping by!

4 Comments:

At Thu Mar 17, 01:19:00 AM, Blogger Keith said...

::hangs head in shame:: I missed my sister's birthday... what a terrible brother I am! :: sob ::

Sorry I didn't call, but you know how scatterbrained I am! Been busy getting ready for Nashville. Glad you had a fun birthday and that you got to see Kery and Brenda again. I know what you mean about Manny's.. Mom and I feel the same way about Rastrelli's. Simple pleasures... "West Side Story" is my sister's favorite movie?? Who'da thunk my sister was cultured?!? Just kiddin' sis. We'll have to watch it next time I'm down.. I love musicals!

God Bless y'all!

 
At Fri Mar 18, 11:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so good to my daughter (?!?) sometimes!!! But then again....? (okay, I was going to try to be nasty here, but I can't.) Dang it!!! Your change to being "Mr. Nice Guy" has me a little discombobulated (look it up)!

Just one question...where did you put the rest of the Manny's pizzas? Your freezer was full when we left!!! Maybe you ate them already...that's what I'd do if they were from "Rastrellis"!!! I have one from there in my freezer right now and Keith may find it missing when he gets home again. YUMM!!!

You get bonus points for "West Side Story". No doubt, you do know how to please "your woman"!
She's a lucky lady! XOXO GLDD

 
At Fri Mar 18, 04:45:00 PM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

Ouch...

 
At Sun Mar 20, 04:01:00 PM, Blogger rob said...

West Side Story? Yikes. Thanks for bringing that up. (As you well know, my sons confiscated my man-card years ago for that episode, and burned it in public).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home