Monday, March 07, 2005

Ich bin in Deutschland sehr groß!

Title Translation: I'm Huge in Germany! Let me back up for moment. For those of you who don’t know, I have the ability to track my blog usage. I have a counter attached to my blog that will show me how many hits(visits) I have, who visited and when they visited the blog. I can tell if my blog has been viewed and by who. Just know that I'm watching you...watching me. What it really tells me is: who is stopping by the blog and not commenting or 'lurking' as it's called. So I know who is reading this thing but not commenting, I can tell who is lurking about in the shadows. Some of you think you're sly for quietly slipping by unnoticed (or so you think) but really you're not. I know who you 'lurkers' are and so do you.

Anyway back to Germany. What is amazing to me is the number of hits on my blog that I keep getting from folks in Germany. Almost half of the visits I get are from Germany. I haven't been able to figure this out until I put a new counter/tracker on my blog. It provided me with some different data than I had received before. Come to find out all the hits I am getting on my blog from Germany are because of Kiel. Not my son Kiel but the city of Kiel in Northern Germany. It seems that when someone from the German population does a search on the city of 'Kiel' our blog appears in the search engine because of my son Kiel's name. Then for some unknown reason they select it and then come to the blog. Sheer boredom I'm guessing. I also labeled a photo on this blog with Kiel's name, so when searching for pictures of the city of Kiel Germany, my son Kiel's picture appears and directs them to the blog. This picture alone probably accounts for half of Germany referrals to our blog. All this simply means is: I'm huge in Germany! I'm like a rock star! Well maybe not quite that big. But I'm huge in Germany!

Jetzt eine kurze Anmerkung zu meinen deutschen Freunden:
(translated - 'Now a short note to my German friends')

Danke für das Stoppen durch mein blog. Wie Sie vermutlich geschätzt haben, bin ich ein Idiot. Wirklich bin ich ein Idiot, der Spaß haben mag. Irgendwie bin ich nicht genau sicher, wie Sie in diesem Aufstellungsort ankamen, aber ich eine gute Idee habe. Ich glaube, daß sie meinem Sohn Kiel miteinbezieht. Mein Sohn hat den gleichen Namen wie die Stadt von Kiel in Deutschland. Meine Vermutung ist, daß Sie jede suchenden Informationen über die Stadt von Kiel waren oder nach Abbildung der Stadt von Kiel suchten und auf diesen Aufstellungsort verwiesen wurden. Gedankenlos bin ich Sie bin hier froh und ich hoffe, daß Sie wieder zurückkommen. Mach's gut... Ron

Now to figure out why I'm gaining steam in Canada. Could it be because I like ice hockey, speak really poor French or like Jim Carey? Hmmm…I could be on to something, I'll need to check that out. New Computer Term: LASFBAI (Laughing At Self For Being An Idoit).

Auf Wiedersehen - 'Goodbye' for the non-German contingent.

6 Comments:

At Mon Mar 07, 07:26:00 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Ron... you have WAY too much time on your hands! LOL! I didn't know you spoke German.. but I guess after living in Belgium, you picked some up, huh? Love the new facelift.. wanna give my blog a makeover?

 
At Tue Mar 08, 12:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron...
Well seeing as I live in Canada and am Keith's friend, he introduced me to your blog for something to read one day and then I sent it to some people I knew..so now you are a becoming a Canadian icon.
Thanks for the interesting reading material, your stuff makes me think and I enjoy the stories.
God Bless.
Lori

 
At Tue Mar 08, 06:51:00 AM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

Keith - Ummm...I don't speak German. I went out to the web and found an English to German text translator and used it. Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not as continental as you thought.

Lori - Wow a Canadian icon? So that means I'm up there with Wayne Gretzsky? LOL Kidding. I appreciate your kind words and you stopping by and checking out the blog, that's very cool! Take Care...Ron

 
At Wed Mar 09, 09:05:00 AM, Blogger rob said...

great. now i can't just lurk here with impunity. now i have to write something about every blog he posts. *sigh*

*puts on best fake smile one can muster*

Hi Ron! Great post man! Germany! Where do you get a counter and super-secret spying gadgets for your blog?

 
At Wed Mar 09, 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

Rob,
You don't need to comment every time. I probably shouldn't have told folks that I can monitor my blog hits. I didn't mean to scare anyone off or intimdate them (yes I did). Actually it doesn't tell me people's names per se, just location, ISP and times. I just swithted to statcounter (www.statcounter.com. It provides a whole bunch more info than my previous stat counter, I really like it so far.

 
At Wed Mar 09, 09:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron,
Be happy they like you in Germany. Your Great Grandfather Frank Waitas was born in Berlin. Your one of them !!!!!

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home