Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Home Again....well at least for the night

We made it home without any problems. We left Chicago at 7:45AM and arrived at our front door at 1:30PM. Everything went well and we encountered no problems with any of our travel. We spent the afternoon working on the yard and putting every thing back in place from the hurricane. There was quite a bit to do so it took us a few hours but the place is back to looking normal again. It was just so stinking hot today, with the heat index it was well over a 100 degrees. Kathy rearranged all her appointments on the drive home from the airport. Her cell phone was glued to her ear the entire way home from Ft. Walton Beach. But I think she got it all worked out. She also put everything back on the screened in porch this afternoon. It needed alot of attention after the storm.

Kathy is booked solid for the remainder of the week at work. She'll have some pretty long days in front of her. I have to leave for Sarasota either tomorrow night or early Thursday. Getting back from vacation late has hosed my plans for leaving for the dealer meeting. I was supposed to leave tomorrow but I'm not ready. I had planned on prepping for my trip this past Monday and Tuesday but since I wasn't in town I couldn't. So I'll either prep tomorrow and leave in the evening or leave really early Thursday. Hopefully I can sneak out late (10PM) on Saturday night so I can be back for chuch and Surf & Grill(Church Beach Party) on Sunday. We also went picked up our new vehicle, acutally it's used, tonight. We bought a 2004 Ford Explorer right before we left but just picked it up tonight. It's very nice and I'm looking forward to driving it once I return.

Everyone has been asking if have heard from Kiel. We haven't heard from Kiel since he left for the Czech Republic last Monday (8 Days ago) but then...we finally got an email from him today. I'll let you read it for yourself - it's kind of cryptic in a Kiel kind of way - but I believe you'll get the point. Hope all is well and I'll write more later....

Yo pop a locks its kiel just wanted to let you know I made it here safely. Camp is going well its so crazy here with the language barrier and what not. Ive learned alot of Czech and its so hard to type on this crazy keyboard ... well not anymore Tom fixed it haha. Well I've done it... I had a beer... or 3 .... in different sittings since i've been here. Pilsner twice and velvet once. Nothing to serious though. I've almost lost my voice so it's very hard trying to lead worship and what not. I herd about the hurricane and hope all of you are safe if you don't evacuate. I know dad will most likely want to though and the most important thing is that you all are safe. Well I am going to go eat some snacks and then go to bed....3 other guys in like 4 beds pushed together but dont worry its nothing bad... hey I say if the Czechs can do it why cant we, right? If I dont write you again before I get home then be safe and I love you... hope the house was ok when you all got home... dang the keyboard is reset its crazy czech writing time...

c-ya

Kiel

1 Comments:

At Wed Jul 13, 09:09:00 AM, Blogger rob said...

good to have you back...oh wait, you're leaving again! Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home