Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Move In Progress

Sorry about the incoherency of my last post. The past weekend really was something else, I guess it caught up with me Sunday night. I told my friend Rob earlier today that you should never post on your blog when you're overly emotional or if you've been drinking. He said he that if his wife sees him walking towards the computer after he's had a couple of beers she tackles him. I thought that was pretty funny. The visual on that one is awesome.

We all went to dinner with my parents tonight to Po Folks. Kind of a last supper/goodbye thing with Kiel and his grandparents. Kiel is going to finish packing tomorrow and leave for Orlando real early, like 4:00AM on Friday morning. We're not going to be quite as ambitious and will leave after we've had our required 8-10 hours of sleep. Actually we'll leave around 8:00AM or so and get into Orlando in the early afternoon. Kiel can check into his apartment beginning at 9:00AM and that's what he intends to do. More power to him. We'll come back Sunday afternoon after we go to church.

We have plenty to do when we get to Orlando - books, parking permits, buying software, getting additional stuff (food) for Kiel's apartment etc. So it's defiently going to be this bittersweet thing happening. I guess if I thought last weekend was emotional - I ain't seen nothing yet. Oh well - it's time and it must be done. We will surely miss him though.

I've been writing quit a bit lately - I just haven't finished anything. I'll be working on something then think of something else to write and then I'll go work on it. So I have about six works in progress but none are done. That's so me I guess. Frankly, half the stuff I write I never post anyways. Alot of it is just for me. This way I get to say what I want and get stuff of my chest without offending or hurting anyone's feeling. Strange I know but it's cheaper than therapy.

Hope all is well with everyone. We'll let you know how Kiel's move goes. Gotta go 'Over There' is on.

3 Comments:

At Wed Aug 17, 09:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Dinner was great! Thanks !
Well your Dad just couldn't wait he had to call Kiel and egg him on about the Special K's. They are setting up now and then I will wrap them each individualy. Kiel's car will be a sticky mess,oh well he's the one that has to clean the mess up. He'll probably have a belly ache by the time he gets to Orlando.
I took a picture of my Florida Lottery check we went and picked up yesterday in Tallahassee. It will be a reminder to do BETTER !!! I am very thankful for my "gift".
I know what you and Kathy will be going through this week end and as you say it is time. It's not easy letting go but it's part of the plan and it has to be. Kiel will have his eyes opened to so much but I know he has been taught well and he will go down the right paths.

 
At Sat Aug 20, 07:33:00 PM, Blogger Will said...

I'm sure Kiel will be just fine, Dad...I know it's not the same, but when I come to FL in a couple of weeks I'll be away from my boys...it will be the longest I've EVER been away from them and I know I will miss them terribly. I know it can't compare to a child growing up, but I feel for you and will pray that he does well, which I'm sure he will. He had the best parents in the world...

 
At Sat Aug 20, 07:34:00 PM, Blogger Will said...

Oops, that's not to say that my mom isn't the best ever, 'cause she is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home