Monday, August 22, 2005

PoKE

Today is the first full day of what we will now call 'PoKE' (Post Kiel Era). And I must say we haven't been afraid to branch out and try new things. Kathy actually cooked something she's never made before. For some crazy reason she decided to make some Thai type of dishes. Which is really strange considering she's never ate Thai before (I have) - I thought it turned out pretty good. But that's what happen's in the 'PoKE' you try new things to keep your mind occupied.

Kathy is actually working on Kiel's room already, I don't have the courage to go in there. I walk down the hall and peek my head in and see what she's doing but that's about it. But I can't stay for long. I also realize that I can't write about it either. This doesn't count, this isn't writing - this is rambling. I'm talking about seriously writing down how I feel and think. I tried and it was the worst I felt since he left. Or maybe it was because the air conditioning was on the blink. Regardless, I'm not ready to go there yet. Must of picked up the phone a dozen times to call him today and I did twice. He sounds good and he's excited - who can blame him. Kat's working tonight too - so it's pretty quite around these parts tonight.

It's gonna be okay - it's just gonna take a little time to adjust.

4 Comments:

At Tue Aug 23, 08:23:00 AM, Blogger rob said...

Dude, I hear ya'. What's hilarious to me now is how much bravado I had going in to this situation..."Oh, it'll be fine! I want them to move out, I need space..." HA! Now I'm this insipid little wuss who checks his son's Xanga 20 times a day. I keep wanting to sue somebody, because no one warned me about THIS 21 years ago when I was really interested in the creating part of having kids.
Anyway...we should get together and cry in our beers.

 
At Tue Aug 23, 09:22:00 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Hey Ron...
Although I can't say "I feel your pain", I can say that I feel HIS pain. "His" meaning Kiel's. For even if he might not say it, he misses you and Kathy and Kat just as much as you all miss him. I wake up every morning in Nashville or wherever I am and wish I could walk out into the kitchen and have coffee with Mom and Dad. Or pet Delsie or look out at the Mississippi River... but I know that I can't do those things if I want to persue my dreams. And remember... we may leave, but we ALWAYS come back (sometimes with kids!!).
God Bless!

 
At Tue Aug 23, 09:33:00 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Just looked at the pics... NICE DIGS KIEL! (And of course what apartment would be complete without Captain Morgan and Carlo Rossi wine... look on top of the fridge!!) LOL!!

 
At Wed Aug 24, 09:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith Thanks for the comments, Your right sometimes they do come back with kids, that seems so long ago and you were just a little guy yourself, Great to hear that you are doing well. Note the Captain Morgan and the wine was Kiels roommates, he's 22. Thanks for noticing though..... Love ya K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home