Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Snake

So we're in my office today - me and two other guys. We all finish looking at my computer screen and wrap up our conversation. As one of the guys turns to walk out my office he goes "Oh Sh*t! - Ron did you know you had a snake in your office?" At first I thought he was teasing but I got up and looked on the other side of my desk and there was a snake. Again I thought it was joke cause it didn't move but then it slithered and slipped it's tounge out. It was about two feet long and thin - it was pretty young. Then the other guy goes "Hey, I believe that's a baby rattler!" Right about then one of the production guys walks by and says "Hey! A baby rattle snake!" He then quickly walks up behind the snake and grabs it from behind. "This one won't hurt cha' - he's just a baby!" This one? What about the other ones I don't know about? After they all left (including the snake), I sat in my office and tried to figure out how a baby rattle snake got in my office. After about 20 minutes, I discoverd a hole about the size of a silver dollar behind my book case. I'd never seen it before and didn't know it was there. I called maintenance and we realized that he (or they) must be up in the ceiling and came down the wall and out through the wall. Comforting huh? The rest of the day I was afraid to open any of my desk drawers! I just kind poked at things waiting for something to hiss at me. Anyhow I did the manly thing and wadded up a bunch of paper and stuffed it in the snake hole. So how was your day?

1 Comments:

At Thu Jun 09, 06:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just too freakin freakin for me. I'd have gone home and called "Snake Busters" immediately! (Or thrown up) It's also freaky because on my Dave Barry calendar today he wrote about almost the same thing! He lives in Miami and was working on his computer. When he reached to pick up his soda his hand was 2 inches from a full sized snake coiled for attack (it's tongue was flicking, too). He grabbed his keyboard and held it between him and the snake...went to the kitchen and grabbed the barbecue tongs...went back and grabbed the snake (unfortunately in the middle)...took it outside, threw it down, and it immediately crawled into his swimming pool. What a brave man!!! GLDD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home