Friday, August 26, 2005

Date Night

Well tonight's date night. With Kiel gone and Katlin working tonight that just leaves me and Kathy. So we have decided to go on one of our favorite dates. We'll both get of at 4:00PM and then go home and change clothes. We'll then head towards Mexico Beach where we'll stop at Toucans. We'll hang out on the deck, look at the gulf, talk and have a drink. Then we'll go to the Sunset Coastal Grill restaurant in Port St. Joe which is probably our favorite restaurant in the area. We try to make it over there at least once every summer and have dinner on the porch and watch the sunset. It's a little bit of driving to Mexico Beach and Port St. Joe but it's fun to do once a year. Tomorrow (Saturday) we're going to work on turning Kiel's bedroom into a spare bedroom. Need to touch up some paint, move some furniture, buy a couple of things and then put it together.

There is a Hurricane in the gulf and it looks like it is heading our way either late Sunday or early Monday. Not sure what we intend to do yet but we'll keep an eye on it and react accordingly. Hope it's just rain but it looks like it could strengthen and be somewhat of a problem. Just looked at the latest from the National Hurricane Center and it could be a bad one. We may to leave.

I miss Kiel but I gotta tell you I don't miss him on my computer. I spent the whole evening last night cleaning up our computer with all of Kiel's crap. I worked on it for about four hours. I removed unused/old software - must have been half a dozen Star Wars games. Not to mention all the poker games. Plus there was a ton of Ad ware and Spy Ware on there too from many of the web sites he frequented. So I removed what I could - installed all updates it needed and just preformed some general house keeping. It's running much better now and I can actually get on the Internet without waiting for everything to load. I still have some data files of his to remove but by in large it's running much better than what it was. Sorry Kiel but you did have a ton a crap on there.

Got an email from Kiel this morning and he's doing fine - just really busy and adjusting to his first week at UCF. Hung out with new friends last night and is going to do the same tonight. Perhaps he'll leave a post on this blog or his blog letting everyone know what's going on (obvious hint).

Oh well, keep us in your thoughts concerning this storm. Take care and we'll keep you updated as what we intend to do.

4 Comments:

At Fri Aug 26, 11:57:00 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

have fun. Dan and I need a date night. especially after having five kids this summer

 
At Sat Aug 27, 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Will said...

Let Kiel have the computer and get yourself a real computer...www.apple.com

 
At Sat Aug 27, 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

An apple! I might as well go back to paper and pencil. An apple! That just violates everything I believe in.

 
At Sat Aug 27, 03:58:00 PM, Blogger Will said...

Oh dear, I'll see you in two weeks, so maybe I can talk some sense into you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home