Thursday, October 20, 2005

Well...

I haven't updated in a while. Let me see:

The garage sale went fine last Saturday. We got the garage cleaned out and have actually been parking Kathy's van in the garage since Saturday night! We sold quite a bit at the garage sale and what we didn't sell went to Good Will. We made a $150 on the garage sale. I gave $100 of it to my mom and dad so they could go buy me some sod. I'm extending my front yard a bit and need some more sod to bring it out. The remaining $50 went to buy a shelving unit for the garage. So much for all the profits. Kathy had a weird moment during the garage sale. She was outside by herself watching over the garage sale. While my mom, dad and I were inside the house (eating breakfast). This man about 60 years old came to sale and thought Kathy was there by herself. He started hitting on her in a very lewd way. He couldn't quite convince Kathy to abandon the garage sale and run away with him. I won't tell you what this guy was saying and insinuating to Kathy but suffice it to say there are some sick people in this world. He made her feel very uncomfortable but finally left when we started getting suspicious and he saw activity in the house. He got out of there before dad and I had a chance to thump on him.

This weekend was supposed to be Family Weekend at UCF. We were going to take off in the morning and drive to Orlando for the weekend. However, since the hurricane will be hitting Central/South Florida this weekend our plans have changed. UCF has canceled Family Weekend and moved it to sometime in November. We are not going to be going to Orlando this weekend because of the storm. Instead Kathy's dad (Warren) and his girlfriend (Jean) will we coming up from Avon Park to stay with us. Chances are that their house will be in the path of the storm in some fashion.

We not sure what Kiel intends to do concerning the storm - whether he will come home or not. He started a new job at the Marriott/Ritz Carlton Grand Lakes Resort near Disney earlier this week. Since it is a huge resort they may stay open for the duration of the storm. If so they will need all the help they can get to support the resort. What this means is that they will let the employees(Kiel) stay on property at the hotel in a room. And then work them to death the duration of the storm. Kiel normally works in a restaurant called 'Primo' but during the storm he may stay and work at the Starbucks they have in the hotel. He's not sure what he's going to do yet - he said he would decide tonight after his shift at Primo.

I'm still going to take tomorrow (Friday) off since Warren and Jean will be coming up. I also need to lay sod in the front yard. Hopefully I'll get it done early so Warren, Kat and I can go play some golf. The weather is perfect for playing golf. Not sure what else we'll do this weekend - maybe go to Destin for some shopping, dinner and a movie.

Haven't decided on a name for the fish. I don't like the name 'Gus' - that name has been spoiled. Some folks we know have a little boy named Gus and I don't want my fish named after him. What's up with this Fuzzybritches and BaitBreathe crap? That ain't happening either. I like Alfie Beta and Blue Too but still not completely sold on either. Kathy's dad suggested 'Jaws' - made me laugh. I know they have baby naming books - anyone know if they have fish/pet naming books?

That's all I got.

7 Comments:

At Thu Oct 20, 09:53:00 PM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

When I said I wanted suggestions, I meant I wanted good ones. I should have know you two sisters would come up with 'those suggestions' - now you toss out Notcho? It's not nacho cheese - its a fish!

 
At Thu Oct 20, 10:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And why might I ask do Warren and Jean have a Baby Naming book? Is there something they have not filled us in on?????
Zippy is another name I'll throw in for a nominatation.

 
At Fri Oct 21, 12:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got to meet the Beta today and he is a pretty one. Kathy and him have formed a very special bond. He responds quite well for her. I think Kathy is leaning towards the name of Alfie.
The guys got the sod laid this morning and I did the Sod Dance so hopefully it will grow. Your yard looks GREAT !!!!
Butch, Warren and Ronnie took care of quite a few of the odd jobs that only MEN can do. Kathy was the water girl and Jean made sure we had our fluids.

 
At Fri Oct 21, 06:09:00 PM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

Zippy? Kathy's Klown? You can do better than that! Kathy is calling him Alfie so if no one comes up with anything better, I think it will have to Alfie Betta.

 
At Sat Oct 22, 08:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aimee my mother also suggested Kathy's clown, but that's Ron.... Thanks Kathy

 
At Fri Oct 28, 05:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the record.. I'm the family clown... just because I'm wierd but since im not there anymore I guess people have been quick to judge that my dad is my new replacement.. well now that I think of it.... jacuzzi monsters and all yea I'd say my dad is now the clown...jp..I love him

 
At Fri Oct 28, 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Keith said...

How about Oscar II ?? (But that could have dire consequences... just don't let Warren near him...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home