Saturday, October 01, 2005

Half a Lifetime

So what's up with this? Two post on the blog in two days? I better slow down or I'll run out of things to say.

Well I've gotta hand it to my wife. I don't know how she does it. She should get a medal or some type of award. But I don't see that happening. Instead I think dinner and movie in Destin will have to do. Not much of reward but it's best I see in her future. My motto is "Nothings too good for my wife (and nothings what she'll get)" - kidding. In case you didn't know today is our 22nd wedding anniversary. Which is why I think she deserves a medal for patience, perseverance and just for being able to be in the same room with me. As most of you would easily guess, she puts up with a lot being married to me. ::Make your jokes about Ron here:: Hard to believe we've been married 22 years. I've now been married half my life, which is simply amazing to me. Last night I told Kathy that and she asked if it was the best half or the worst half of my life. Of course, I said it was the best half. I had to she was sitting right there, what was I supposed to say? Again I'm kidding, it's been an awesome journey so far and I'm just glad that Kathy has chose to experience it with me. I just hope the next 22 years together don't go as fast as the last 22 years.

We're going to celebrate by spending the day together and going over to Destin. I think we'll do some shopping, catch a movie at the Rave Theater and then go to dinner at The BoneFish Grill (our favorite restaurant). Nothing to special - we usually save that for anniversaries that end in zeros and fives - the big ones. I say that…but next year on this date we are booked to leave on a seven day cruise on the Royal Caribbean ship the Mariner of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean. We were not really planning on doing a cruise until our 25th Anniversary, but then through a series of only-God-could-do-this events did I get a great,great deal that I couldn't pass it up. It's not so much an anniversary cruise but a cruise that just happens to fall over our anniversary. So...If anyone's interested in going along let us know and I'll give you the details about the cruise (we're serious). Anyhow I'm sure we'll celebrate it up big time next year since we'll be on the boat.

I've got some post that I have written and then for what ever reason haven't posted them. I'm thinking that I'll knock the dust off of some of them and post them next week. Plus we have a very strange event going on in our lives that I want to write about. Hope everyone is in good health and spirits. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

3 Comments:

At Sun Oct 02, 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

Congrats on the 22yrs. In this day and age, that is a rare thing. It gives your boys a wonderful example to follow.

 
At Mon Oct 03, 06:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, sorry I didn't wish you it when we were on the phone. Jerry is interested in the cruise so send me the details. Auntie Gail

 
At Tue Oct 04, 03:39:00 PM, Blogger Will said...

Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home