Monday, September 26, 2005

Soundbites

I decided to try something a bit different. Instead of telling you in detail about our weekend, I decided that I would condense it down to significant quotes or soundbites. Hey...if they can do it on the news why can't I? Hopefully you'll get the jist of what happened this weekend.

"Two new pairs of shoes and a haircut - what are you doing, getting ready to go back to school?" - What my wife said to me after buying me new work and tennis shoes then giving me a haircut.

"Do it again Mr. Ron, Do it again!" - what the three year old would say after I shot his nerf gun, wrestled with him and tickled his feet with my beard.

"I Don't Like Him…." - First words from a three year old upon meeting Katlin

"Shoot him, not me" - what the three year old would say (while pointing at Kat) when I pointed the nerf gun at him.

"Shallow Hal" - A comment that was made by someone (not me) who saw someone who had a very wide butt that reminded them of the movie Shallow Hal. Harsh but accurate.

"I already went!" - What the three year old said after I asked him if he needed to go the bathroom….dohh!!

"Okay, bye, thanks" - comments from the three year old upon hearing the door ring and immediately realizing it was his mother to pick him up and take him home.

"So what do you want to do today?" - Me asking my wife what we were going to do with our Saturday since we didn't have to spend it at the soccer field for the first time in 15 years.

"What do you want?" - What the young lady at IHOP said to us after calling our name over the loud speaker letting us know our table was ready.

"Wow! Only $20 for Dinner" - Me after getting dinner bill on Friday night (pizza). It was just Kathy and I, we had no children with us - I didn't realize that you could eat that cheap.

"Kids are expensive!" - Me after getting our $20 Dinner bill and realizing two people could eat out cheap and that kids are expensive.

"Cool" - My remark to myself that $20 Dinners would become common place in the near future.

"That reminds me, I want to go on a hot air ballon ride someday." - What I said to my wife as I couldn't help but notice our young waitris's boob job.

"You Spit" - what the three year old told me after I got excited from playing with him and accidentally spit in his face.

"I can't wait to be a grandparent" - what I said to myself after the three year old left my house after our play date.

"You're only 23?" - What I said after meeting my new neighbor and finding out that he was only 23 years old, a deep sea fishing charter boat captain, owned his own 51 foot fishing boat, drove a desiel extended cab truck and had bought the brand new house next to mine.

"Where did I go wrong?" - What I said to my wife after meeting my new 23 year old neighbor.

"Do your dogs bite?" - What I said to my new neighbors after finding out he had two full grown chocolate labs.

"Are you going to build a fence?" - What I asked my neighbor after I found out that his dogs did indeed bite.

"Where you going?" - What our new and somewhat nosey female neighbor asked us when she saw us leaving our house on Saturday night.

"Are they black or white?" - My moms first question upon hearing we got new neighbors.

"Uggghhh" - My response to my moms question upon hearing we got new neighbors.

"I'm never eating at McDonalds again" - What we both said after watching the movie "Super Size Me". It's a movie about a guy who eating nothing but McDonalds three times a day for thirty days. Disgusting.

"You licked me!!!" - My response to the three year old after he licked my eye ball. His mom said he learned it from the dogs.

"Aww Crap!" - What the three year old repeated after he heard me say it.

"I'm very sorry" - What I said to the three years old mother after I told her that I said "Aww Crap!" and that her son had repeated it.

"Suplex Me!" - What I made the three year old say if he wanted me to suplex him.

"How come you got flowers?" - What I asked my wife after the three year olds mother brought her flowers for watching her son, when in actuality I was the one who watched him.

"I like beer" - What I told my wife I liked in lieu of flowers for watching the three year old.

"You scare me" - what my friends daughter said to me after noticing my haircut made me look like her dad.

"You're my baggage" - What my wife leaned over and said to me when asked by our pastor to list any "baggage" we may be caring around. Nice.

"What a day, God is good" - What I said to my wife as we laid in bed reflecting on our day before falling asleep last night.

1 Comments:

At Thu Sep 29, 05:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the sound bites on TV. Loved yours. Please do more of them. Many times you're even funnier than Dave Barry (and you know how much I LOVE him). Still think you should consider writing a book. Thanx again for the laughs. XOXO GLDD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home