Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Kiel is home from school. Katlin is home and enjoying his brothers company. Kathy's father (Warren) and his girlfriend (Jean) are up from South Florida as well. My parents will be here shortly. The pies have been baked- I hear patatoes being peeled and the ham and turkey are in the oven. I also hear the Macy's Thanksgiving parade on the TV and know that football will soon follow. The house smells wonderful and everyone is enjoying each others company. I'll soon put my 'stretchy' pants on I'll be ready!

It's not been an easy year in many respects: surgeries, stress and the daily challenges of life. It's not a complaint and I know it could be far worse but at times life can be difficult. But not today - today is the day we are Thankful for all of it. The good - the bad - the happy and the sad. Today we are Thankful that we are here and have made it through together by God's wonderful grace and mercy.

Enjoy the day and appreciate ALL that you have been given. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home