Sunday, March 06, 2005

Sundays

Sundays are by far my favorite day of the week. I enjoy everything about them. I don't work, I can sleep a bit later and I get to spend time with my family. But my favorite thing about Sunday's is that I get to go to church. I know that sounds weird but it's true. But what's really weird is that a little over 2 years ago I hated Sundays and had for a few years. I hated them for the same reason that I now love them....church. There was a period in my life when I dreaded getting up on Sunday's because I hated what was to come. I know this is a sorry admission but it's true. But what I hated about hating Sunday's is what I was becoming. I was becoming a bitter, frustrated angry person who had become bogged down in all the church crap and religousity that surrounded him. I won't go into the details but suffice it to say that what was happening to me on Sunday's was effecting me the rest of the week. It really stunk.

Fortunately for me, I was able to gather the courage to leave that situation and move on. Probably not a big deal for many of you but for me it was huge. Now things are different. I'm no longer mad, bitter or frustrated. I'm actaully quite content and dare I say, happy with where God has lead us. I love going to church and being able to freely and openly worship. I love being able to celebrate my King and what he has done for me. I love hearing the Word presented in creative but yet challenging ways. I love being around people who want to be at church for the right reasons...not because they have to check a box off. I love not having to worry about what other people think and having to please them. I only have to please one, The One. Basically, I love Sundays....again.

1 Comments:

At Mon Mar 07, 07:31:00 PM, Blogger Keith said...

That's awesome man! If I could go to your church every Sunday, I'd love Sundays even more too! Thank God for the Internet so I can get my fill of Eastgate (although it's not usually until Sunday night or Monday). I really miss the camaraderie and love that totally fills the Eastgate building. I also noticed it the second I walked into your new house... I could actually FEEL the Lord's presence, and it made me happy. Thank you for letting me experience that.. I hope I can visit again soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home