Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Katrina, Kiel & Labor Day

Talk about considering yourself lucky, we certainly do. We feel very fortunate to have not experienced much of Hurricane Katrina's wrath. We got a little wind and rain but certainly nothing compared to the folks in New Orleans or Mississippi. While we feel lucky for not having damage we feel bad for the folks to the west of us. If the storm would have came east another 100 miles or so - it would be a completely different story. We'd be having some major problems right now. Everytime I watch the news I keep thinking that could have been us. Keep these folks in your prayers, they have a tremendously difficult road in front of them. I can't imagine how they are feeling or where they start to pick up the pieces. Unfortunately I'm of the opinion that we're going to see this situation become worse before it gets better. Kathy had lunch with Kiel's friend Liz today. Liz lives in Slidell, LA (near New Orleans) with her parents. They evacuated because of the storm. Liz told Kathy that thier house is flooded, along with her car. All she brought with her was three pairs of clothes. Kathy said even though they face the prospect of losing everything, Liz seemed in good spirits. Pray for her as she has a lot decisions to make regarding her life and this storm.

Spoke to Kiel today, he got sick last night. He was throwing up and had to get some medicine. I asked him if he was hung over or drunk and he assured me he wasn't. Said his throat is sore but he is doing better. He missed his first class of the morning because he was trying to deal with being sick. But like I said he's doing better and is recovering. I still think it's the 'Bottle Flu' - just kidding Kiel.

This weekend is Labor Day, which means three days at Mexico Beach. We'll go out Friday. I should say that Kathy and I will go out Friday. Kathy is off on Friday and will go out Friday morning. I'll go out Friday afternoon after I get off work. My parents however, are going out Thursday morning. So by the time I get there Friday afternoon they'll have the place wired for sound. Which reminds me, anyone who cares to join us at the beach on Saturday is more than welcome. We'll be staying at the El Governor in the annex, which is the low-rise buildings next to the high rise building. We are in the first two units in the annex next to the swimming pool - we get the same two rooms every year. The weather is supposed to be awesome this weekend so we'll be hanging out at the beach and pool all day Saturday. If you come out, bring your swimsuit, towel and a beach chair. We'll even feed you a burger (if you're good). So if you're in the area and you want to come out, please feel free.

I'm really looking forward to going to Mexico Beach. Each year we go is different and takes on a different personality than the previous year. Last year, there was a Hurricane on the way so the play was basically empty and we had it ourselves - which was kind of fun. Don't think that will be the case this year. It's always fun and I'm really enjoy our time there. Hope everyone is well and has a safe Labor Day weekend. Take Careā€¦.Ron

3 Comments:

At Tue Aug 30, 09:16:00 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Hi Cravattas,

Kiel led me to your blog and just thought I'd say hi. You guys sound like you're doing good. Have a great day.

Love,

Dana

 
At Wed Aug 31, 11:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey my loves, thank you guys for your prayers, they are very much appreciated. I guess i have to be somewhat optimistic in this situtation. But on the brighter side of things it was fabulous :) seeing Kathy yesterday we had fun during our lunch and hope to see the rest of you this weekend. I love you all and keep in touch

Love Liz.
xxoo

 
At Wed Aug 31, 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

I'll be there on Saturday. I wish. Have fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home