Saturday, October 29, 2005

And The Winner Is....

I think it's time to put this fish naming thing to rest. After not being able to think of anything really clever to name this fish, we have settled (by default) on Ryan's suggestion of calling him "Alfie" which is short for "Alfie Betta" - remember he's a Betta fish? Anyhow we've racked our brains, looked at names for fish and pets on the web and couldn't decide on anything. Actually I liked the name "Hendrix" as in Jimmy Hendrix but it didn't go over well in my house. But when it was all said and done it came down to "Alfie" and "Blue/Blue Too". But since we already had a Blue we decided to try something new. I actually tried calling the fish by different names but Kathy has been calling him Alfie so long that it didn't feel right calling him anything else. So Alfie it is. Ryan - the Filet-O-Fish is yours my friend.

The other night I was sitting on the couch in the living room and I heard Kathy come home from work. She was in the kitchen and I heard her say "Hi sweetie how you doing?" to which I replied "Fine" but I'm not sure she heard me. In her "sweet voice" she continued by saying "I missed you sooo much - How was your day?" - I thought to myself "Wow - this is cool!" - thinking something special was in the works I replied "I missed you too honey - my day was good." Then suddenly her tone changed and she pointedly said to me "I wasn't talking to you - I was talking to the fish!". Oh...that was embarrassing. Least I know where I stand now. So I guess this means this fish is now part of the family.

Been a wild and crazy week - work is nuts. Kathy had her 2nd flat tire in 3 weeks this week. Gonna start buying tires in bulk if this keeps up. Next weekend we are going to go to Orlando and see Kiel. Since we didn't get to go last weekend because of the hurricane we are going next weekend. Family weekend has been rescheduled for then too. We're all looking forward to seeing him and spending Friday, Saturday and Sunday with him. Not much else except Katlin is going to go to New York City in March for a week with school. He got invited to go by one of his teachers from the school TV station. He's pretty excited (he's never been) plus they'll be doing and seeing some pretty fun stuff. That's all for now...

6 Comments:

At Sun Oct 30, 11:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that I was gonna be replaced by something... I figured a dog or something like that... But a fish? Dang...

 
At Sun Oct 30, 03:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kiel you shall never be replaced!!!! I just needed someone to talk too and you are so very busy.... that every time I call you I get your answer machine, or you tell me your busy and will call me back, which then you forget soooo.......had to get alfie. love ya Mom

 
At Mon Oct 31, 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Will said...

Wow, what a relief! The suspense was killing me!

So does Alfie get to ride shotgun on the way to Orlando?

 
At Wed Nov 02, 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Ry said...

Sweet! I'd like to thank the academy, my mother, the good people at... *** walk-off music swells ***

 
At Wed Nov 02, 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

Ry Ry - I think instead of ***Music Swells*** you meant ***Head Swells*** - I'm not sure?

 
At Wed Nov 02, 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin said...

Ry Ry - Guess What? We are actually eating your Filet-O-Fish as I type this? How cool is that? Sorry you missed out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home