Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Ramblings

It's cold and rainy out tonight. My wife is working late. So my son and I had chilli for dinner, which is strange cause I don't like chili. But it's cold outside and it sounded good. Chili, frito's and cheese becomes Chili Pie. Chili is hot and eating something warm sounded good. But it's still chili and I don't like chili. Should of made beef stew.

Halloween has come and gone. I'm pretty ambivilent(sp) when it comes to Halloween. Really don't care about it one way or another. Not that I have a problem with it cause I don't. But it does nothing for me nor do I get upset by it. Just another day as far as I'm concerned except the kids asking for candy are wearing masks.

Saw a complete rainbow today. I mean complete - from end to end and the whole arch. It was incredible. I saw it from my office. I sat and looked at and remembered that a rainbow is God's sign(covenant/promise) He made to never destroy the world again by a flood. But more than that I sat there looking at this rainbow remembering that He's a God of His word who will never break His promise. Any promise. I liked that rainbow - I liked what it made me think of.

I feel very matter of fact tonight (in case you couldn't tell). Tried writing something that was on my mind but my heart wasn't into it - so I said forget it. Need to go - my wife's home. I think she had a long day. Probably needs her feet rubbed. Oh yeah - it's beeb a year ago today that we closed/moved into this house. Maybe if she's not too tired we'll open the champagne I bought last year to celebrate buying the house that we never drank. It's probably aged and better than what it was last year....kind of like me (kidding).

I'll try this again later...

2 Comments:

At Thu Nov 03, 05:48:00 PM, Blogger Keith said...

That's cool Ron. I saw a complete rainbow while I was over in England. It's pretty breathtaking really. A year? Wow.. can't believe it. That's still my FAVORITE house to stay in... it rocks, don't ever move (unless you move to Tennessee!).

 
At Thu Nov 03, 08:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the rainbow....once I saw one across the river (actually it was two at the same time, one overlapping the other) and it was so awesome. I was home alone and had no one to share it with so I tried to take a picture to save the moment. Well, you know me and a camera ): Didn't turn out. Anyway, the rainbows lasted almost fifteen minutes or so and I watched til they faded away. It was a wonderful feeling seeing such a magnificent sight. GLDD

PS We still have champagne in our fridge that I got for our anniversary two years ago. Maybe this year we won't be too tired to celebrate and drink it! (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home